Ratio of Female Employees and Managers at Benesse Corporation
As of April; regular employees
|Male||Female||Ratio of female employees||Male||Female||Ratio of female employees||Male||Female||Ratio of female employees||Male||Female||Ratio of female employees|
|Number of employees||1,290||1,514||54%||1,141||1,476||56%||1,233||1,426||54%||1,046||1,297||55%|
Ratio of Employees with Disabilities in the Benesse Group
As of March 1
- * Ratio of employees with disabilities at Group companies subject to the Employment Quota System for Persons with Disabilities
- * In March 2016, the Group expanded the scope of data collection for this statistic, which temporarily lowered the ratio of employees with disabilities ; however, the Group plans to proactively increase the ratio going forward
Number of Employees Who Took Childcare Leave and Returned From Leave at Benesse Style Care Co., Ltd. and Benesse Corporation
|Number of employees taking leave||Number of returnees (ratio)||Number of employees taking leave||Number of returnees (ratio)||Number of employees taking leave|
|Benesse Style Care Co., Ltd.
(Regular employees, contract employees, semi-full time staff)
(Regular employees, contract employees, specified job employees)
- * Returnees: Employees who return to work within the time limit for leave under each company's system
Number of Employees Receiving Childcare Allowance at Benesse Style Care Co., Ltd.
As of April
As of March
|Electricity Consumption (Million kWh)||1.59||1.00||8.40||8.66||9.40||9.01||7.92||7.91|
|Paper Consumption (t)||103,000||99,000||97,000||94,334||86,286||62,992||60,060||54,166|
|Water Consumption (m³)||81,834||73,274||60,963||59,110||55,002||60,254||60,340||58,293|
|CO² emissions (t)||6,775||4,280||3,595||4,202||5,282||5,471||4,117||4,787|
|Waste materials (paper) (t)||1,973||2,083||2,272||2,268||2,514||2,907||2,850||2,217|
|Waste materials (industrial waste) (t)||812||708||1,083||1,002||1,028||994||971||609|
- * The electricity and water consumption data are for the Okayama Headquarters, Tokyo Head Office (Tama Office), and Benesse Logistics Center only.
- * Paper consumption excludes printing paper for use in offices.
- * CO2 emissions are for electricity consumption only.
- * Waste materials (paper) (t) are for correspondence courses and mail order sales only.
- * From 2013, waste materials (industrial waste) emissions (t) are calculated for the Okayama Headquarters, Tokyo Head Office (Tama Office) and distribution bases (Okayama, Kanagawa, Saitama, Gunma) only.
Benesse Corporation has set the following targets for reducing its greenhouse gas emissions over the medium and long term, taking fiscal 2013 as the reference year.
|Every fiscal year||2031||2051|
|Reduction ratio taking fiscal 2013 as 100%||2.1% or more||31%||55%|
- * The above reductions targets cover scope 1, scope 2, and scope 3.
Scope 1 : Benesse's own direct greenhouse gas emissions
Scope 2 : Indirect emissions from use of electricity, heat or steam provided by third parties
Scope 3 : Emissions from Benesse’s value chain
- * Scope 3 categories include:
- category 1 (purchased goods and services), categories 4 and 9 (upstream and downstream transportation and distribution), category 5 (waste generated in operations), category 6 (business travel), category 7 (employee commuting), category 8 (upstream leased assets), category 11 (use of sold products), and category 12 (end-of-life treatment of sold products)
- * Scope of organizations covered:
- 11 Benesse corporation offices, including offices in Japan and a branch in Taipei.
As of March
|Unit: t-CO2||2014 (Reference Fiscal Year)||2016 (Reporting year)||Reduction rate from reference year||Target achievement rate in the reporting year|
|Total for scope 1, 2, and 3||24,492,288||11,576,630|
To improve the reliability of the Company's CO2 emissions volume performance, it received third-party verification from the Japan Quality Assurance Organization for its data in scope 1, scope 2, and scope 3 for fiscal 2015 for the following categories: category 1 (purchased goods and services), categories 4 and 9 (upstream and downstream transportation and distribution), category 5 (waste generated in operations), category 6 (business travel), category 7 (employee commuting), category 8 (upstream leased assets), category 11 (use of sold products), and category 12 (end-of-life treatment of sold products)
Last updated : 2018/03/30