Benesse Group Tax Policy
- 1. Purpose
Benesse Group establishes the following Group Tax Policy based on the principle of contributing to society and increasing the company’s value by complying with tax laws and regulations of each country and regional jurisdiction and fulfilling tax payment obligations.
- 2. Policy
- (1) As a global company, Benesse Group will thoroughly comply with tax laws and regulations of each country and regional jurisdiction it operates in and fulfill its tax payment obligations.
- (2) Benesse Group will build and maintain trust with the tax authorities through timely and honest correspondence with tax authorities during tax audits and when requesting advance rulings.
- (3) With the above (1) and (2) in mind, Benesse Group will optimize tax expenses by proactively applying tax incentives allowed by tax laws, and eliminating double taxation through planning which will lead to improvement as a whole and maintaining the corporate value.
- 3. Structure to Implement the Group Tax Policy
- (1) Benesse Group will implement and maintain group tax governance policies to ensure that each group entity is compliant with tax laws and regulations including tax return filing and tax payment obligations.
- (2) Benesse Group will establish a Tax Governance Policy and appoint a group tax supervisor to implement and maintain the tax governance.
- 4. Policy Amendment and Abolishment
Amendments and abolishment of the policy will be initiated by the global tax supervisor and will be resolved at board meetings.
- Supplementary provision
This policy will become effective on April 1, 2018.