About Benesse Holdings, inc.
|Name||Benesse Holdings, Inc.|
|Date established||January 28, 1955|
|Headquarters||3-7-17 Minamigata, Kita-ku, Okayama-shi, Okayama 700-0807, Japan|
The Benesse Group
The Benesse Group consists of Benesse Holdings and 42 Consolidated subsidiariess.
The Benesse Group does business in four main segments: (1) domestic educational services, (2) overseas business, (3) care and preschool services, and (4) language services.
Number of employees
Number of employees
(Consolidated data as of March 31 of each year)
Average annual salary (Benesse Holdings)
(As of March 31 of each year)
|Average annual salary (in thousands of yen)||9,448||9,433||9,424||9,304||9,039|
Involvement in outside organizations and initiatives
Selected outside organizations and initiatives with which group companies are involved
Awards and recognition
Awards, certifications, and other achievements
The Benesse Group won the following recognition for its work in FY2017.
For details, see Awards.
Action to promote employee health and workforce diversity
Group companies won the following awards in FY2017 in recognition of their active promotion of health and diversity.
- - Award of Excellence in the large enterprise category at the 2017 Tokyo Metropolitan Government Awards to Recognize Outstanding Action by Employers to Help Cancer Patients Balance Treatment and Work (Benesse Corporation)
- - Certified by METI as a "White 500" leading performer in health and productivity management in the large enterprise category (Benesse Holdings), certified as a "disability-friendly employer" (Benesse Business Mate)
Information security certifications
- - Registered as a PrivacyMark business (Benesse Corporation)
- - ISO 27001 certification achieved by four companies as of March 25, 2016 (Benesse Holdings, Benesse Corporation, Benesse InfoShell, and Benesse BASE COM)
- - Achieved ISO 14001 certification
- - Verification report on greenhouse gas emissions, etc.
Spending on social engagement
|Total spending on social engagement (FY2017)||¥318 million|
|(Of which donations)||(¥291 million)|
The Benesse Group manufactures some products at its own factories and some at outsourcing plants. These outsourcing plants are located mainly in countries such as China and Myanmar.
Outsourcing contractors are regularly audited to check their environments and working practices, and they are required to practice good corporate social responsibility in their procurement activities.
Action on climate change risks
The Benesse Group recognizes environmental issues as a key global concern. It regards positive action on the environment as a corporate duty and management priority, and it has adopted a group-wide policy on the environment.
Group companies comply with all relevant laws, rules, and regulations, and pursue ongoing improvements in their environmental management systems and environmental performance. Action is taken to encourage employees to make their own contributions through their work, and every effort is made to lower and eliminate environmental impacts at every stage from planning and development to production.
Environmentally-friendly action is also taken in partnership with our suppliers from procurement through to distribution.
Last updated : 2018/12/25